Awarded by Aesthetics International Academy Singapore.
This technique is suitable for anybody who is keen in learning more about infant massage therapy or for those who wants to promote communication and bonding with their infants.
- Relaxation and enhancement of neurological development
- Increase oxygen and nutrients flow to the cells
- Strengthen immune system
- Relieves discomfort of teething
- Unit Introduction
- History and concept of Infant Massage
- Benefits for Infant Massage
- Developments stage of baby
- Sleep patterns and states of the infant children
- Importance of identify colic
- Difference type of parenting
- Effects of depression of the mother (if possible)
- Appropriate legislation applicable to massage treatment
- Issues surrounding "consent" to treatment
- Demonstrate methods of consultation with the parent guardian
- Bond with the infant child
- Common aliments and contraindications to massage
- Demonstrate appropriate client care
- Demonstrate the correct hygiene procedure
- Demonstrate any precautions to be taken during the massage
- Demonstrate the appropriate massage support
- Demonstrate the effects and benefits of the appropriate medium for treatment
- Classical massage movements and their physiological and psychological effects
- Reactions of the treatments (If possible)
- Homecare advice after treatment
No examination is required. Certificate of participation will be awarded to students upon completion of the training lessons
Theory 30 minutes (multi choice paper).
Practical 1 hour 15 minutes includes 15 minutes examiner instructions.